This post is over 2 years old. Some of the content might be out of date. If your after something more up date, check out our latest posts. If you want to find out more about the content on this page, contact us.
UK Young Artists is seeking submissions for a three-day showcase this November in Leicester
The call is open to artists aged 18 to 30 working in the following disciplines:
- Applied Art: craft, architecture, industrial and product design, ceramics, decorative arts, fashion, graphic design, digital art, game design and interactive art.
- Literature: writing, poetry, storytelling and spoken word.
- Moving Image: film, documentary, artist video and animation.
- Music: sound art and all genres of music will be considered from individuals, bands and collaborations.
- Performance: theatre, dance, live art, circus and site-specific performance.
- Visual Art: fine art, photography, installation, illustration, site-specific work and sculpture.
Cross art form collaborations are also welcomed!
The call for entries opens on Tuesday 27 May and closes at 5pm on Monday 30 June.
A panel comprising of representatives from the four founding universities; De Montfort, Derby, Loughborough and Nottingham Trent plus curators and programmers from our host venues will select 70 artists, collectives, groups and companies to participate in the festival.
Selected artists will get the opportunity to showcase their work at theatres, galleries, arts centres and independent spaces across Leicester. All artists will get to take part in workshops, debates and symposia to encourage cross-discipline discussion and explore the potential of collaboration.
Established and high-profile artists, AKA the UK Young Artists Ambassadors, will select a number of young artists presenting work in Leicester to take part in an international opportunity in 2015.
Submissions can only be accepted via the online application process at: www.ukyoungartists.co.uk
There is a non-refundable fee of £12 to submit work and selected artists will be expected to attend the whole festival, arriving on Thursday 6 November and leaving on Sunday 9 November. Accommodation will be provided.
The UK Young Artists Leicester Festival 2014 runs from Friday 7 – Sunday 9 November.