City Arts are looking for volunteers to help artists as they run a weekly arts workshop, Get Creative.
Date Posted:7 Feb 2024
Start Date:5 Mar 2024
Location:City Arts, 11-13 Hockley, Nottingham, NG1 1FH
Application Deadline:4 Mar 2024, 12:00pm
The sessions support people aged 18+ who have learning disabilities, mental health issues or are receiving other types of health care in the community. They run from 10am – 1pm every Tuesday. We are looking for people to support the group as an ongoing commitment.
Tasks could include:
- helping participants to make artwork
- encouraging them to engage in the workshop
- assisting participants with specific access needs
- helping the team with light admin duties
We are looking for people who:
- have experience of, or confidence in, supporting artists during workshop activities
- are warm, friendly and welcoming during workshops
- have some knowledge of the arts or an interest in the arts
- have some experience of, or an interest in, working with people who are learning disabled
- You will be sent workshop information and receive a short induction from City Arts before sessions begin.
- You must have a DBS check. If you don’t have one, City Arts can arrange and pay for one for you.
- We will require references
- A DBS check
- You must live or work locally
- Over 18s
Where you'll volunteer
- As a long-term commitment